Jan 26 2010

Whine, Whine, and no Wine.

Published by Ree at 7:04 am under All About Nothing

Today I:

• Got up at 4 am to get to work.
  • Walked to the office with icy snow blowing sideways into my face.
  • Went to meetings and meetings and meetings and…yea. More meetings.
  • Ate two really spicy chicken tacos for lunch.
  • Fielded calls from relocation people and mortgage banks that want my business.
  • Wrote 17,386 emails – none of them personal.
  • Changed the desktop background on my laptop.
  • Answered a phone call from Shortman telling me he didn’t know where my good pen is.
  • Missed the first 40 minutes of House.
  • Watched the last 20 minutes anyway.
  • Drank only coffee, tea and water.
  • Read and commented on a couple of blogs…
  • Checked out a link Mr. Hot sent me of a really nice townhouse in Chicago.
  • Walked to the hotel in the same icy, sideways snow.
  • At 7:30 p.m.
  • Called Mr. Hot to say goodnight.

Today I did not:

• Eat dinner.
  • Answer personal emails.
  • Write anything compelling.

—- This week is going to be another one where I ponder the “Work/Life Balance” question. —-

[Slashdot] [Digg] [Reddit] [del.icio.us] [Facebook] [Technorati] [Google] [StumbleUpon] add to kirtsyAjax CommentLuv Enabled 3ffa54da9abe041067d6629d568410a5

9 responses so far

9 Responses to “Whine, Whine, and no Wine.”

1. Twigson 26 Jan 2010 at 2:23 pm

Ree, You do what ya gotta do. There are just times when work takes precedence. We try to keep that balanced, but yet it isn’t always possible. For example, my family just knows the first and last months of the school year are crazy for me — don’t ask me to do anything extra and count yourself lucky if I cook dinner more than twice a week. :) It’ll all work out in the end.

2. Boxer/Jennyon 26 Jan 2010 at 3:40 pm

Ugh, too much work and not enough “Ree” is not good. It’s easy to get lost in all of the responsibility. I’m always so impressed with your ability to be strong….. and still funny at the end of a long day. Here’s to your week slowing down just enough for you. xxox
    Boxer/Jenny´s last blog ..Mute Monday – WHITE Lightning My ComLuv Profile

3. Green Girl in Wisconsinon 26 Jan 2010 at 4:56 pm

You poor woman. And the weather doesn’t help at ALL does it. ugh.
    Green Girl in Wisconsin´s last blog ..mom of the year…or not My ComLuv Profile

4. Liz J in Central Illinoison 26 Jan 2010 at 5:26 pm

You need wine. And lots of it. Right away. ;-)
    Liz J in Central Illinois´s last blog ..Grace In Small Things: 4/2010 My ComLuv Profile

5. Shellyon 26 Jan 2010 at 6:18 pm

That weather certainly DOESN’T help! Things have got to get better, right?!
    Shelly´s last blog ..Quarter Four in Books My ComLuv Profile

6. BusyDadon 26 Jan 2010 at 7:07 pm

I checked snopes.com and confirmed that this “work/life balance” you speak of is actually an urban legend. BUT, if you forward this comment to 50 of your friends, AOL and Microsoft will pay you $250!
    BusyDad´s last blog ..That Burning Sensation My ComLuv Profile

7. Kristabellaon 26 Jan 2010 at 7:42 pm

Well, the good thing is you can walk to the hotel. And you don’t have an hour commute after working that long.

Silver lining, right?
    Kristabella´s last blog ..Obstructed View My ComLuv Profile

8. Krissaon 26 Jan 2010 at 8:08 pm

Oh, honey, it won’t STAY this way. It will get better! Promise!
    Now go and have a glass of wine, cause, damn! you need one!
    Krissa´s last blog ..Henritta is dragging me down, man… My ComLuv Profile

9. Goddess in the Grooveon 27 Jan 2010 at 3:39 am

You are awesome. Your schedule would have killed me already…..
    Goddess in the Groove´s last blog ..It’s all good…… My ComLuv Profile